192.168.0.1 is a default IP address used by Netgear and D-Link router as a default for local router configuration. While 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.1 are the other two commonly used IP address for home broadband routers.
It is a private IPv4 network address, used to access its administrative console by pointing your web browser to http://192.168.0.1. By using this address, you can set up LAN-network or monitor connection of the device using this address. Also, the user can change these list of settings – Wi-Fi, Security, Router default password – Change or Reset, Connection, Firewall etc.
How to find your default IP address?
If you are not aware of your IP address, then follow my instruction to find on Windows, Linux, or Macintosh.
- For Windows, Click to open the Start menu and select Run or hold (windows button + r). Then type “cmd” and click OK to open command prompt window. In the command prompt window, type “ipconfig” and press enter. Once after you clicked, it will show you a default gateway of your router like the screenshot displayed below.
- To find IP address for Unix and Linux, Go to Applications > System Tools > Terminal. Once the terminal opens, type “ip course”. The below text will be displayed in the following manner.
joe$ ip course | grep default
by means of 192.168.1.1 dev eth0 proto static
- For Macintosh OS, Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app. When the terminal is opened, type “netstat – nr “. It will show you something like this
joe$ netstat – nr | grep default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
How to login 192.168.0.1?
- To access the admin panel of your router, you need to provide http://192.168.0.1 IP address on your browser’s URL address.
- Then press ‘Enter’ to reach the specified router address.
- Now, you can see the routers admin panel which asks for username and password.
- Fill the name and password of your router, if you know. Nor try the default username and password as mentioned below.
Type 1: User: “admin” password: “admin”
Type 2: User: “admin” Password: “<your isp name>”
Type 3: User: “admin” password: “password”
- Using this password, you are able to log into 192.168.0.1. If this isn’t working, then check for other default username and password lists.
- Once you entered the correct information, you are taken to admin panel where you can change all kind of settings such as system administration, security choices, DNS, IP QoS, Proxy, WAN, WLAN settings, LAN, DSL, DHCP customer, PPPOE, WPS and DSL, MAC,
Why can’t you access 192.168.0.1?
For accessing the IP Adress you need to find the default IP address of your device with any of the above methods or if a LAN connection is possible then use it.
- After you found the address of your router, then type into your browser’s address bar and press enter.
- Once you have done, you will be redirected to the main page or a pop-up occurs which requests you to fill the username and password.
- After successful authentication, you will be logged in to the management panel of your router.
- Now, you can control and make changes to the router settings based on your requirements or leave the default settings.
What to do if you have forgotten your password?
You can simply reset your gadget if you have forgotten your password. Later, you can apply the default password on the login page and enter into the administration panel. Else, try finding the Administration tab in the router interface and click on the link “Change Password“. Now, type the new password twice to confirm and apply changes. This method can help you to successfully reset a password.